Jointly sponsored by the Harvard University Extension International Relations Club and Healthy Tomorrow/ Sini Sanuman on 16 April 2011 in Emerson Hall, Susan McLucas and I lead lively audience discussion of the documentary “Secret of the Dawn” about FGM. See here.
- For Africa Day at the University of Oxford. Poetry and Petals.
- On the “International Day to End Obstetric Fistula” — 23 May – UnCUT/VOICES calls out failure to mention one preventable cause: FGM
- International Day of the Midwife, and the cutter once imprisoned who now campaigns to end FGM
- For UN World Book Day – emphasis on translation — publishing against FGM
- For International Poetry Day, introducing WAAFRIKA to Harvard