UnCUT/VOICES Press was inspired by books like Hubert Prolongeau’s on Pierre Foldes, reviewed in the French version in Feminist Europa. Review of Books along with two others on FGM from Switzerland and Italy: Rev. of Prolongeau, Hubert. Victoire sur l’Excision. Pierre Foldès, le chirurgien qui redonne l’espoir aux femmes mutilées. Préface de Bernard Kouchner. Paris : Éditions Albin Michel, 2006; Lange, Benoit and Dominique Voincon. Cicatrice.
Un village et l’excision. [Scar. A village and excision] Lausanne : Éditions Favre, 2004; Busoni, Mila and Elena Laurenzi, eds. Il corpo dei simboli. Nodi teorici e
politici di un dibattito sulle mutilazioni genitali femminili [The body as
symbol. Theoretical and political approaches in debates on FGM] Firenze: Sei Editori, 2004. click here.
- FGM: Tough Questions, No (‘sexy’) Answers. Call for papers on March 8, International Women’s Day
- Female Genital Mutilation: Myth, Memoir, Media, Money – and Sex — Oxford IGS Workshop Programme
- Supporting protest against trivializing rape, i.e. adult males’ ‘marriage’ to children
- On Zero Tolerance to FGM Day: “Unbitten Tongues” — A Festschrift (book of honor) for Efua Dorkenoo OBE (1949 – 2014).
- Female Genital Mutilation and the Arts: Rich Resource in the Fight to Stop It