UnCUT/VOICES Press was inspired by books like Hubert Prolongeau’s on Pierre Foldes, reviewed in the French version in Feminist Europa. Review of Books along with two others on FGM from Switzerland and Italy: Rev. of Prolongeau, Hubert. Victoire sur l’Excision. Pierre Foldès, le chirurgien qui redonne l’espoir aux femmes mutilées. Préface de Bernard Kouchner. Paris : Éditions Albin Michel, 2006; Lange, Benoit and Dominique Voincon. Cicatrice.
Un village et l’excision. [Scar. A village and excision] Lausanne : Éditions Favre, 2004; Busoni, Mila and Elena Laurenzi, eds. Il corpo dei simboli. Nodi teorici e
politici di un dibattito sulle mutilazioni genitali femminili [The body as
symbol. Theoretical and political approaches in debates on FGM] Firenze: Sei Editori, 2004. click here.
- In the European Parliament, UnCUT/VOICES with Healthy Tomorrow advised on FGM
- ‘There’s One Humanity or There Isn’t’*: Kudos to UnCUT/VOICES’ author Sachiko Mitsumori for her pioneering study of Alice Walker’s novels in Japan
- Reminder: 17 October 2019: At Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Tobe Levin on Fiction to End FGM
- At Cornell University, 17 October 2019: Tobe Levin on Fiction to End FGM
- On the UN International Commemorative Day for Charity, September 5: with gratitude to Bernard Kouchner and Pierre Foldes in Undoing FGM