For Spain’s tv Punto de Encuentro (Meeting point) Khady explains her personal experience of FGM and efforts in Europe and Africa to stop the practice. The voiceover speaks clear Spanish but Khady’s English can be understood (first videos below). Khady is also featured in an Al Jazeera English segment of Everywoman for Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation Day, integrated into an interview with activist surgeon Nahid Toubia (2008 – second video below, Khady comes up at at 6 minutes 24 seconds).
- MEN needed, and open minds, to understand FGM: contribution to 16 Days against gender violence.
- Reflections on the Armistice, the Holocaust, UNESCO’s World Science Day … And FGM?
- Bullet Hole, a three-woman play about FGM at Park Theatre, London
- For the International Day of the Girl Child, 11 October: Homage to Khady
- For World Teachers’ Day: anyone have lesson plans to speed the end of FGM?