Thanks to Lois Herman of the WUNRN; Berhane Ras-Work, founding President of the Inter-African Committee (IAC), FORWARD – Germany whose representative was Ambassador Fatoumata Siré-Diakité; Khady for La Palabre and UnCUT/VOICES Press and our allies from other international women’s groups, a High Level Panel adressing FGM took place on June 1, 2011, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Ending Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Requires Support For Community Activists
- Female Genital Mutilation: An Educational Challenge
- For Africa Day at the University of Oxford. Poetry and Petals.
- On the “International Day to End Obstetric Fistula” — 23 May – UnCUT/VOICES calls out failure to mention one preventable cause: FGM
- International Day of the Midwife, and the cutter once imprisoned who now campaigns to end FGM