Thanks to Lois Herman of the WUNRN; Berhane Ras-Work, founding President of the Inter-African Committee (IAC), FORWARD – Germany whose representative was Ambassador Fatoumata Siré-Diakité; Khady for La Palabre and UnCUT/VOICES Press and our allies from other international women’s groups, a High Level Panel adressing FGM took place on June 1, 2011, at the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland.
- FGM: Tough Questions, No (‘sexy’) Answers. Call for papers on March 8, International Women’s Day
- Female Genital Mutilation: Myth, Memoir, Media, Money – and Sex — Oxford IGS Workshop Programme
- Supporting protest against trivializing rape, i.e. adult males’ ‘marriage’ to children
- On Zero Tolerance to FGM Day: “Unbitten Tongues” — A Festschrift (book of honor) for Efua Dorkenoo OBE (1949 – 2014).
- Female Genital Mutilation and the Arts: Rich Resource in the Fight to Stop It