Don’t miss the New York Times editorial by Emma Bonino about our victory. The UN General Assembly, by consensus, has approved a worldwide ban on FGM. The campaign has been going on for years; UnCUT/VOICES’ author KHADY has been at its forefront.
- Female Genital Mutilation: An Educational Challenge
- For Africa Day at the University of Oxford. Poetry and Petals.
- On the “International Day to End Obstetric Fistula” — 23 May – UnCUT/VOICES calls out failure to mention one preventable cause: FGM
- International Day of the Midwife, and the cutter once imprisoned who now campaigns to end FGM
- For UN World Book Day – emphasis on translation — publishing against FGM