To all my English-speaking friends who live here or know people who do: Let’s elect my dear friend Dr. Mariame Racine Sow, born and raised in Senegal, to the Frankfurt City Council. A future author with UnCUT/VOICES Press, she and I have worked together since 1998 and I can vouch for her energy, dedication, honesty, and devotion to duty. Managing Director of FORWARD for Women, she applies her PhD in Education to promote integration and ease complex administrative paths for refugees, asylum-seekers and immigrants. She’s given selflessly for years to benefit others. Frankfurt area residents with citizenship elsewhere are eligible to vote in the local election. The urns just opened and will remain so until 6 p.m. today, March 14. Let’s make it happen and celebrate together — if still virtual — this evening.
- ENDING FGM: Literature and Art, a panel with MEP Dr. Pierrette Herzberger-Fofana and Professor emerita Dr. Tobe Levin von Gleichen, 18 November 4:00 p.m. CET
- 101 years: reflections on mothers with daughters ending FGM
- In Memoriam. Florence Howe, Dr. Angelika Köster-Lossack, Anne Freifrau von Gleichen
- 14 March Vote today: Dr. Mariame Racine Sow for Frankfurt’s City Council
- In HONOR of Khady Koïta with thanks to my mom and dad for International Women’s Day